The 2020 NZ Wood Resene Timber Design Awards advise that
‘Stage One Entries’ are now open!
Professional achievements deserve recognition – Enter Now!
NEW CATEGORIES & JUDGES
DETAILS FOR ENTRY
This is New Zealand’s only Timber Design award event and allows engineers, architects, architectural designers and builders to showcase innovation using timber.
Professionals worldwide are using wood in often new and imaginative ways to improve a building’s seismic and fire resilience, and New Zealand projects are designing buildings to compete with world leaders.
Both local and international companies will be looking to NZ for timber design inspiration in 2020.
NZ Wood Resene 2020 Timber Design Awards KEY DATES:
- Stage One Entries open: 13 August 2019
- Stage One Entries close: 27 September 2019
- Stage One Judging announced: 28 October 2019
- Stage Two Entries – 7 November 2019
- Close Stage Two Entries – 22 November 2019
- Stage Two Judging – 10 December 2019
- Gala Awards Dinner – 26 March 2020 – Grand Millennium Hotel, Auckland
Entry is open to NZ resident architects, builders, architectural designers, engineers, students and other designers who have used NZ originated timber that has been manufactured in NZ. Only one entry per project, joint entries between disciplines or firms are welcome.
Conditions of entry:
- A submitted project must be based on a completed building or structure.
- Building or project must have been completed between 1 Jan 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Building or project must have significant timber content, either structural or decorative.
- Projects may include the effective use of timber in combination with other materials.
- Building or project owner’s consent for publicity must be acknowledged on the entry form.
- Anonymity of the owner’s name will be assured if requested in the appropriate part of the entry form.
- The entry form must be complete and accurate – you should retain a completed copy for your records. You will receive an email confirming your entry once it has been processed.
- Projects entered in previous years must not be entered again.
- An entry fee of $145.00+GST per category entry is payable using the online PayPal method.
- A submission may be entered in a maximum of two of the nine categories.
Easy Steps to Enter Awards:
Complete the Entry Form – NZ Wood Resene Timber Design Awards – Entry Form 2019
Pay for your entries – $145+GST per entry (limit of 2 categories for each entry) via Paypal with Credit card or Paypal – Pay Here
Provide your Project Description (150 – 250 words). The project description must cover the judging criteria for the relevant categories.
Supply 4 – 6 high resolution photographs (highlighting the timber features)
Upload all of the above to our Dropbox – Dropbox link here
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors!
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 807 002
View Full List of 2018 Finalists